Top 6 Benefits of Hiring a Local Tutor to Teach Your Children
Parents are often on the lookout for the best way to help their children succeed in school. This is where a local tutor can be of great assistance. Hiring a tutor can provide your child with the personalized instruction they need to excel in their studies. Here are the top 6 benefits of hiring a local tutor to teach your children:
1. Local Knowledge: Local tutors are deeply knowledgeable about the local education system and the local curriculum. This gives them a better understanding of the areas your child may be struggling with and how best to help them.
2. Personalized Instruction: A local tutor can tailor their instruction to your child’s individual needs. This means they can provide tailored lessons that are focused on the topics your child needs the most assistance with. This can make all the difference in helping your child understand difficult concepts and improve their performance in school.
3. Personal Connection: Local tutors can develop a personal connection with their students. This helps to create an environment of trust and mutual respect which is essential for effective learning.
4. Convenience: When you hire a local tutor, you don’t have to worry about transportation or scheduling. The tutor will come to your home, meaning your child can get the help they need without having to leave the house.
5. Flexibility: Local tutors can be very flexible in terms of scheduling and availability. They can provide flexible scheduling to fit the needs of your family. Having a flexible schedule can be particularly helpful if your child’s school day doesn’t end until late in the evening. This means you won’t have to worry about rearranging your schedule or missing out on important family activities.
6. Professionalism: When you hire a local tutor, you can trust that they are experienced and knowledgeable. They can provide your child with the instruction they need to excel in their studies.
What Are Some Tips for Finding the Best Local Tutors
Finding the best local tutors for your child can be a daunting task. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. So here are some tips to help you in your search for the perfect tutor:
Hiring a local tutor to teach your children has a plethora of benefits. From the convenience of having your tutor come to your home, to the cost-effectiveness of having a knowledgeable teacher, there’s no denying that having a local tutor to teach your children is a great way to get your kids the education they need. So, the next time you’re looking for a tutor for your children, make sure to look for a local one!
Are you trying to find a local tutor for children? Prep Academy Tutors has the perfect solution for you! We offer personalized tutoring services to meet the needs of each student. We understand that every student is unique and has different learning styles. That’s why we tailor our approach to each student’s individual needs. Our tutors provide individualized instruction and feedback to ensure that each student is getting the most out of their tutoring sessions. Let us help your children reach their academic goals and improve their grades! Contact us today to get started!
Reading Mastery by Prep Academy Tutors
Direct Instruction, Reading Mastery, is a remedial program offered through Prep Academy Tutors. This program has been around since the 1970s and is recommended by many child educational psychologist because of its proven track record. At Prep Academy, we have a certified Direct Instruction trainer who trains each of our tutors in the program.
Reading Mastery is based on just that, mastery. Each student is placed at an appropriate level, where they know 90% of the material. Each lesson builds upon prior knowledge and adds new ideas and skills. Upon mastery, the student is able to move forward. This program not only helps students improve academically, but it also helps them to improve their self-esteem.
Reading Mastery is unlike any other reading program out there. It takes an explicit, scaffolded and direct approach to reading. It is repetitive and consistent in its tasks to ensure students master each concept. With this program, students learn to decode by blending the sounds of a word into the word itself. This allows students to actually hear the word as the sound it out. It also teaches them the skills to decode quickly and read words the “fast way”. The letters are written in a unique font that helps students to visually understand what the sounds of the letters are. As students progress through the different levels, they are introduced to new sounds and more challenging words, and eventually the unique font is removed.
This program is great for readers who are below grade level, and/or have trouble with focus, and/or have difficulties with their working memory, and/or are suspected of having dyslexia. Reading mastery goes from kindergarten (not reading) until grade 5.
To learn more about the Direct Instruction program visit https://www.nifdi.org/what-is-di/basic-philosophy.html
If you would like to have your student enrolled in Direct Instruction contact Prep Academy Tutors.