Orton-Gillingham Reading Remediation
The Orton-Gillingham approach is most frequently prescribed by psychologists for the remediation of reading and written expression disorders.
Dyslexic students and students with reading and written expression disorders benefit from consistent and repetitive remediation of critical literacy skills using the Orton-Gillingham approach. The Orton-Gillingham approach is a direct, multisensory, structured, sequential, and diagnostic method emphasizing reading, writing, and spelling.
Students who can benefit from Orton-Gillingham literacy remediation often show the following signs:
- Difficulty with sounding out words
- Slow and labored reading
- Difficulty understanding the meaning of words and sentences
- Difficulty with spelling and composing
- Difficulty with grammar and punctuation
- Difficulty with memorizing sight words
Click here to read more
Meet our Orton-Gillingham specialist Jan Campbell
Other Literacy Services
- Reading remediation tutoring with a certified reading specialist
- ELA, Regents, PSAT, SAT and ACT verbal prep
- Small group book clubs